Monday, January 11, 2010

Starting the home decorating

Our plan all along has been to start our decorating projects with our first floor powder room. It's small and should be a relatively easy fix. However, since it requires painting a room with 10' ceilings, and the room is so small I'm not sure a ladder will fit, it may go on the back burner.

Since right now I'm spending a good deal of time in our office looking for jobs online, and since I'm not going to paint the office, it seems like a better way to start. I'm going to plan it out before I start - including where I'm placing furniture, what art is appropriate, and what I need to pick up. Right now the only things on my list are a french memo board and some storage boxes for the closet and bookcase.

The other place that needs at least a good once-over is our master closet. It's quite a jumble, much to do with the fact that we've ignored it since moving in. I have a credit at drugstore.com, so I'll be using that to purchase some closet organization tools to get it started.

Now I just need to get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment