Thursday, January 14, 2010

Random, here we come

Martha Stewart's show today was all about blogging, which was a good reminder that I need to get my butt over here and keep up with my blog.

One of my favorite blogs to follow, Apartment Therapy, often leans towards Mid-Century Modern. I saw a list of things that will be "out" in 2010, although I'm not sure where I saw this, and Mid-Century Modern was on the list. Frankly, I agree. I'm over it. While I love Scandinavian furniture and framed prints by artists of the era, I'm starting to find that my style is a mix of "Pottery Barn Contemporary", Traditional, and Prairie with a dash of spa-flavored modern and a pinch of Hollywood Regency. I need a little warmth, a little more curvature, and a whole lot more fluff. I need to hunt down a decor blog that's a bit more...me.

I got out of the house a couple days ago, simply because I needed to, and went over to Target. They had a huge amount of their ladies clothing on sale, so I grabbed a stack to try on. My new motto - regardless of price, do not buy anything that doesn't make you feel like a million bucks. For this reason I whittled my stack down to a white cardigan, which I know will see plenty of wear, and a black dress that did make me look like I was wearing a much more pricey frock. I also found a great belt hanger in the dollar spot. I recommend checking it out.

In other news, I had an interview. The job is anything but ideal, but right now I'm happy to have a shot at a job! I won't find out until next week, so keep your fingers crossed for me. I also had someone recommend me on LinkedIn. This has never happened to me before; it was quite a surprise and it made me warm and fuzzy to hear someone say that I'd make a great asset to a company. So I'm sending a thank you out to the universe for the current turn of luck.

Photo - blog.visiondecor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment