Monday, January 25, 2010

February Vogue

My mom always passes me her Vogue mags when she's done with them. She's not a huge fan, and frankly I'm not that big into it either. They seem to focus too much on personal interest stories of New York and international socialites, and that's just not my flavor. I read my fashion magazines for the fashion! I really miss having a subscription to InStyle.

However, a few things struck me in this month's issue, so I'm going to comment on them. First was the new Chanel ad. It's no secret that I love Chanel's jackets with a passion, but this season's jackets are very cool - rough edges, very large tweed weave, and lots of sparkle. I just need to win the lottery.

While I usually find the perfume samples in magazines annoying and awful, I love both of them in this issue. First was the new SJP fragrance, NYC, which is a fun smell and a delightful bottle. The second was my new favorite fragrance, which I discovered while in a Sephora in Palermo, called Parisienne by YSL. So kudos to Vogue for not smelling like an 80-something cougar this month.

Also, the issue was filled with terribly unflattering pictures of Jessica Biel. So if you find yourself to be one of those people who fantasize about Justin Timberlake leaving her for you, this issue will give you a glimmer of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment