Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What does "hate to shop" mean?

You know you're a fashion addict if you wake up in the morning and realized you were dreaming of Phillip Lim handbags.

So....I took a job. I'll be going in one day this week and then for good starting next week. VERY EXCITING. And scary. I have a feeling there's a lot of work to be done.

With this news of the new job, I headed out to do some shopping yesterday. Bonton's Goodwill sale was a bust - I couldn't find any clothing there whatsoever that I liked. Everything was either super casual or super old lady. I tried on two armfuls of clothing at The Limited, but nothing fit properly. Not everyone looks good in a cropped cardigan. So why are all the cardigans cropped?!?! That was the number one thing on my list - replace cardigans - and I found nothing. I ended up with one sweater from the Gap and a boyfriend blazer from Kohl's. Not terribly successful.

A friend of mine recently posted on Facebook about her hatred of shopping. This is not something I understand. I understand it for some people. If you've recently gained weight or just had a baby and are uncomfortable dressing a different body, I get it. If you have literally no time in your life, I get it. If you've always been fashion awkward, I get it. But I don't understand the girl I know that owns more premium denim than anyone else, that is always "current" - and not just that-style-has-made-it-to-the-Midwest current but Vogue magazine current, who's never been over a size two, not wanting to shop. Nope. No understanding. How can you love fashion, be able to fit into fashion, and always wear current fashion, but hate to shop? **confused face**

No comments:

Post a Comment