Friday, March 5, 2010

They call it "gauze"

Tissue tees, sheer cardigans...can someone explain to me the new obsession with see-through, un-warm layering options? I'm from a part of the country that gets cold in the winter. For me, a cardigan is something I put on to keep warm. Why would I want it to be flimsy? I'm not saying I need arctic cable-knit wools, but I would like a densely woven sweater. Thanks.

If I do get one of these jobs I've been interviewing for, I'm going to need to get some new clothes. My closet is comprised mostly of basics and some of them are looking tough. My black cardi lost a button on New Years Eve that I've yet to sew back on. That's sort of the story with much of my work wardrobe - each piece has an issue or just looks worn. I might have to dig out Tim Gunn's list of ten items every woman should own.

No comments:

Post a Comment