Thursday, March 18, 2010

They call it Snooki, and researchers are looking for a drug to prevent it

I don't watch Jersey Shore. I don't really enjoy watching douche-bags get drunk and act like idiots in real life, let alone on television. But the show did get me thinking - will there be a backlash due our perceptions of the cast members? Will girls stop getting dark fake tans in order to prevent being seen as an idiot? Will people in general stop dressing or looking like the Jersey Shore cast because they don't want to be seen as some sort of sperm-filled hot tub jockey?

I'm doing pretty good on avoiding sugar for Lent, but it's getting harder. I'm avoiding purchasing my Easter candy out of fear I might not have the will power to ignore it.

I did some shopping yesterday at a nearby outlet mall with a friend. The selection was terrible, although I did come home with a blazer from the White House Black Market outlet. Again, with the cropped cardigans people...I'm still struggling to find basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment