Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Preppy clothing on the web, this and that

It appears that American Eagle will be dropping it's Martin + Osa stores in the near future. I'm very sad. Much like Conan, I feel like AE just didn't give the brand enough time to brew. My other criticisms are: the brand was often too basic, with not enough interesting pieces; the items were consistently $10-30 overpriced; the shoes and handbags were majorly overpriced for their demographic; and their website was always changing its format. The great things were the men's fleeces (nice looking, not Old Navy-looking) and the button up Oxford shirts for women which actually fit ladies with a full bust (aka me). Right now their website doesn't mention closing, so I'm guessing they're still a ways off. I hope that I can at least score some good deals before they disappear. Bummer.

If you're like me and enjoy all preppy, nautical, and navy fashions, I have a tip. If you are smaller in size, check out the children's uniform sections of sites like Gap.com. They offer larger sizes (for larger kids into teens) and often have great preppy basics like polos, khakis, and blazers. The best selection is usually in late summer when the school year shopping begins. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment