Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscars Red Carpet Breakdown

It's Oscar time! So, without further ado, my opinions...

Worst Dressed

3. Meryl Streep in Chris March. It was dowdy, boring, and looked like something she dug out of Sharon Stone's closet in 1992.

2. Kate Winslet in YSL. I'm not sure Oscar fashion can get any more boring.

1. Charlize Theron in Dior. Hello, pink boobie whirls.


Best Dressed

3. Diane Kruger in Chanel. I realize this one isn't going to be universally loved, and is already hitting worst-dressed lists, but I love it. It's a risk, I epitomizes Chanel, and it's glamorous. What else would you want on the red carpet?

2. Maggie Gyllenhaal in Dries Van Noten. I love that she went with a pattern, and on a night when color was sorely needed she had a vibrant gown.

1. Zoe Saldana in Givenchy. It had beautiful color, it was age-appropriate, it was fashion-forward, and I loved it.


Other Awards

Worst accessorizing: Kristen Stewart's lack of accessories

Best accessorizing: Mariska Hargitay, for actually wearing a necklace. There was an extreme lack of jewelry at the Oscars.

Best use of nudes: Cameron Diaz

Worst use of nudes: Sandra Bullock in Marchesa. The bottom half looked like snagged lamé.

Most improved: Tina Fey

Best use of color: Vera Farmiga in Marchesa

2 comments:

  1. ... because I know you're eagerly awaiting my expert fashion opinion...

    At first glance I thought Meryl Streep was wearing shoulder pads and Kate Winslet was wearing pants. Both pictures made me go WTF? even I would know that was a bad choice.

    Also, while I agree Kristen Stewart needed jewelry of some sort, she gets points from me for looking far classier than I think anyone expected.

    I really liked the dress Penelope Cruz wore as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, Roster, liking dresses!

    ReplyDelete