Thursday, July 29, 2010

Closets I Once Knew

So design TV shows, decor blogs, and ladies magazines are always suggesting that you organize your closet by color. I tried it. I've been doing it for two or three months now, and I'm pretty much insane. Worst.Idea.Ever. I have no idea how this system works for people. I'm the kind of person who picks out an item I want to wear in the morning - let's say it's a sweater. Well, I have to find a cami to go underneath, so instead of going to the cami part of my closet I now have to dig through each color to see what I have for camisoles. It has done nothing but frustrate me and eat away at my time. Next chance I get, I need to reorganize back to my original system - camisoles and tanks together, tees together, cardigans together, button-downs together, etc. I highly recommend this system.

I'm really hoping that long-sleeved dresses stay in vogue for this fall. I didn't get a chance to jump on this bandwagon last year, and I'm ready to hop on. I'm also hoping Oxford shoes are still on the radar. It appears that equestrian boots, scarves, and suede will still be hot for fall 2010, so I'm excited to see those sticking around.

Now I'd really like to go home and clean out my closet, reorganize, and make room for some new things. And, of course, Project Runway premieres tonight. Fabulous.



Photo - evadesigns.com

2 comments:

  1. This is why I organize by sleeve length within each color section. Yes, I know, I'm neurotic, but I've been doing this for at least 10 years now. Each color section, from left to right, is camis/tanks, short sleeves, 3/4 sleeves, long sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an arranged by color girl. However, I - gasp - only hang up long sleeved shirts, for the most part. My drawers, on the other hand, are another story. I'm lazy and only separate by short sleeves and tanks. Colors are willy-nilly. :)

    ReplyDelete