Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happiness is a new skirt

If I haven't told everyone about my love of shopstyle.com enough already, I'm going to reiterate it. I was shopping this weekend at Ann Taylor LOFT, and saw a skirt I had to have. I was in love. LOVE. Even my mom said, "that's so you!" Problem was the $80 price tag. $80 for a basic that will last forever is no problem - a little black v-neck dress, a grey wool cardigan, a pair of leather pumps. But I just couldn't pull the trigger on a shimmery gold animal-print pencil skirt.

That night, I went to shopstyle.com and located the skirt. I set a sale alert; you can have them notify you when the price drops on an item. Two days later - AMAZING. I get an email saying the price is now $25. This, THIS is why I love this website. $25 for a skirt is very palatable.


Being that I'm super busy and managed to not get my mother something for her birthday, I feel like the worst daughter ever. However, I just made a purchase online and I'm having it sent to her house which should improve my status: the adorable cupcake apron from Sex and the City 2. What woman wouldn't want this? I hope she loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment