Thursday, April 29, 2010

Donuts

I’m craving donuts pretty bad today. Cream-filled long john, caramel-iced Persian, glazed cruller, jelly-filled round or just a box of Krispy Kremes…anything will do. Mmmmmmm.

We purchased patio furniture last week. We had a tough time making the decision whether to do a dining table and chairs or to do a seating group. We went the dining table route at our last house, but donated the furniture rather than having to move with it. The truth is, as much as we love the idea of dining outside, we primarily used the furniture for sitting around on a warm day with a magazine, or entertaining a neighbor with a beer, and we can do that more comfortably with a seating group. We ordered it and it arrived yesterday. We will be assembling it tonight and I’m VERY excited. Something about non-plastic patio furniture makes me feel grown up, and buying things that are going to last means that I’m being much more eco-friendly in the long run versus buying disposable plastic nonsense.

I played in a softball scrimmage last night. I’m not formally joining a team this year; nothing can ever replace my old team in my heart, and with late nights at work I can’t commit to making every game. I’m going to be on the call list as a substitute, and I love that idea. It felt good to do some fielding and shake off the cobwebs. That counts as exercise, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment