Friday, April 30, 2010

Dirt Sandwich

I stopped by Subway today for one of those free breakfast sandwiches on my way to work. The news is not good. I described the smell of my sandwich to a coworker as smelling like “my dog after a day at the dog park; he smells like aggression and dirt”. I’m not sure you want your breakfast to smell like aggression and dirt. It was super bland. Maybe I should have added banana peppers and chipotle mayo to my egg sandwich to spice it up a bit? Gross.

What sort of shoes do you wear with skinny or straight-legged jeans? My skinny/straight-leg pants are easy to figure out, as they’re all cropped. But I’m struggling with full-length, non-flared jeans. Sandals are always easy, but not always appropriate for Midwest weather or casual Friday at work. My go-tos have been a pair of bejeweled ballet flats and a pair of equestrian riding boots, but I’d like to have a few other options. I just feel like I have clown feet when I wear loafers or fashion athletic shoes with a jean that doesn’t flare on the bottom. I’ve done the rolled-leg jean look which seems easier to pair shoes with, but again I don’t feel like it’s appropriate for all situations.

Since I’ve started using Google Reader, I respond much less frequently to blogs. I read all of the blogs of my friends, design blogs, fashion blogs, etc, but I don’t comment because it requires me to click through from Reader to the actual blog. How lazy am I? But I know my friends must be doing it too, because people tell me they read it but I rarely get comments. Have sites like Reader reduced interactions on blogs? Do you avoid viewing commenter drama, or having to visit lots of individual sites, by using Google Reader or the like? Is this convenience one more way technology is allowing us to have less real interaction with one another?

1 comment:

  1. I have a tendency to not comment because of google reader too, but here I am just for you!

    ReplyDelete