Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Project Homedesign

We're finally starting to get some projects done at home. I think I need to set a goal of one project per month, so I can finally check things off my list - like the hanging rod and shelf that needs to get put up in my laundry room.

Today a storm door is arriving for our front door. The builder for our neighborhood didn't put in storm doors on any houses - you had to do it yourself. So we'll finally be able to open the front door and get a nice breeze in. Plus there's a tax break for adding a storm door. SWEET.

Also getting accomplished is the painting that needs to be done. Someone is coming on Monday to estimate the cost of painting our first floor, ceilings included, so we can get it going. We've chosen colors - Behr's Biloxi for the living room, Mountain Haze for the kitchen, and Polar Drift for the bathroom.

I've ordered new bedding for our guest room. Our dog tore the ubiquitous Ikea duvet cover that was in our guest room, and it was an excuse to finally get more put-together bedding for that room. It should arrive tomorrow and I can't wait.

Once all these things are done, I can finally start hanging art work and doing the rest of the decorating that I've held off on. If, you know, I'm ever ambitious enough to start on it.

Some shopping candy for today: Kohl's has released its new line of Elle Decor accessories. Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment