Monday, August 30, 2010

Let's all complain about the heat until we start complaining about the cold.

My plan had been to go to a local flea market this past weekend, but in the end I just couldn't bring myself to go to a place that sells puppy mill dogs. I realize that it's not the fault of individuals selling other wares that dogs are sold there, but until the flea market bans the sell of all animals I just can't go.

Instead, I went to the outlet mall. I did quite a bit of kitchen goods shopping, and it felt good to replace some cookie sheets that were becoming unrecognizable.

Switching purses tends to be a pain, especially when I'm already late and running out the door. I've gotten into a purse rut - using the same purse everyday because it's easier than switching. I think the key to getting out of this rut might be getting one of those purse organizers or simply getting a smaller wallet, as my wallet is rather bulky and it causes me to take quite a bit of time to arrange my stuff into a small purse. I should do something soon as my purse is wearing out.

I had a fantasy football draft last night with one of my leagues. Is everyone on the face of the earth injured? Why is my whole team listed as probable? I guess I didn't do enough research this year, because I had no idea Eli Manning has stitches on his head - which might have been good to know before picking him up.

I've been planning on doing a little makeover in my laundry room. What I would like to do is put in a floating counter top on top of the washer and dryer, add a little curtain to hide the utility hookups, paint the walls, and install a bar and shelf for hanging clothes. But what I would like to do rarely happens. What I think I'm going to get around to doing is installing the bar and shelf. I have the brackets and the bar, a stud finder (best.product.name.ever), and a level, so there's nothing stopping me from doing this project. The bar will need to be cut down to size, and I will have to buy a shelf, but otherwise I can get this started at any time. I need to make this my goal for the week. I'll take some "before" pictures so that I can track my progress, and share once I finally get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment